Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Paris video

I haven’t posted videos in a while, so thought I would throw up some that I liked.

A number of years ago we spent a month in France. I really liked Paris, and the whole country, and wish that I was able to live there. I thought it an exciting vibrant place, full of nice people, good museums, and great food. Recently Rob posted a video by Janis Ian, a singer I remember from a long time ago, that fit my mood:


When we were driving around France most of the music was by French singers, but once in a while they would have something in English. We heard one very often, ‘Sex Bomb’, but I never was able to understand the announcers when they said who the singer was. We finally made it back to Paris and I caught French MTV which listed the singers in subtitles. I was surprised to find this was by someone else I remembered from years ago.


He still comes to Vegas periodically, as does someone from the same period: Engelbert Humperdink. To keep the 70’s alive, here is another singer from back then I haven’t heard in a while, on one of my favorite shows, Sesame Street.

4 comments:

SOL's view said...

Ah. Back when Sesame Street was entertaining! Can't imagine a song like that would be allowed to be aired these days. :)

And the horse was one of my fave characters too.

Memories!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ahh Sesame Street.

It's been awhile since we've watched it.

Rob said...

Glad to have stirred your Parisian memories.

A few years back Tom Jones did a Christmas single with Cerys Matthews (formerly of Catatonia, and a well-known Welsh pop star). You might enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4klyIX4RIWA

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Love Tom Jones. So want to see him in concert some day.