Friday, March 12, 2010

New layout

I used to use Haloscan comments here, picked them way back when I started writing this stuff (seven years ago now?) A few months ago an email came saying Haloscan was going out of business. I didn't pay much attention to that, but then a few weeks ago my comments dissappeared. Then a company called js-kit evidently took over, and my comments came back, along with a new way to enter them. js-kit also notified me that I would have to pay for their services. Blogger offered free comments, and being the cheap guy I am my choice was obvious.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to change the comments and keep the same style (I know Suzy had some problems there), so it was easier to just click on the blogger template options and change, letting their system do all the work. So here we are. I was able to stick in the bubbles (I like those), but lost all the old comments. Sorry, especially since I used those to get back to some people's blogs. I'll try to figure out how to stick back in some of my old stuff. Especially the links - I used those to get to my regulars.

8 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Whoa. Changes happening around this place of yours.

Welcome to the world of no haloscan. :)

Virginia Gal said...

New layout - way cool!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Awh, glad you got to keep the bubbles, but sorry about the comments. I know what you mean about using those to follow things through. Looks neat though with your new layout: well done!

SOL's view said...

New layout looks great. And I'm glad you got to keep the bubbles. :)

The Rogue Kitchen Witch said...

I get one bubble up in the top corner ... *pouts* no cursor bubbles for me, maybe I've been bad LOL

DA

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ahh, okay, I was wondering what happened.

I go for the free comments too.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, considering you've gone through this traumatic change, my dear Joe...I'm thrilled that you found me...! And there may be quite a few people on my sidebar who are people you lost....I hope so!
Welcome to Blogger....!

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout. I kind of miss blogger for the fact that you can mess around with your html for free and add things. Wordpress will charge you for tht. Uh, no.